Emera’s first sustainability report
In 2017 Emera published their first sustainability report, presenting how the company has been delivering their strategy of cleaner, affordable energy for more than a decade.
- Established the sustainability report methodology, ensuring alignment with the GRI Standards and Sustainability Accounting Standards Board.
- Worked with a team of over 50 employees across 5 markets to source data and analyze performance across innovation, environmental, social, and economic impacts.
- Provided input on report content and design.
- Emera’s sustainability report presents the company’s purpose-led approach to creating shared value for its customers, communities, employees and shareholders. It is backed by performance data demonstrating Emera’s progress and the report is aligned with international reporting standards.
- Emera was recognized for the first time in 2018 on Canada’s Best 50 Corporate Citizens list.